October 2009 Archives

Rafa eager for Wembley glory

Liverpool manager wants to head for stadium for first time.

Dossena eager to leave LFC

Italian hopes to head home.

mascheranomanutdh.jpg

Javier Mascherano urges Liverpool FC to build on Manchester United victory

JAVIER MASCHERANO today urged his team-mates not to let their efforts against Manchester United go to waste when Premier League duty resumes this weekend.

"Man Utd goal was my best moment in football" - Liverpool FC striker David Ngog

DAVID NGOG dedicated his "best moment in football" to the two families who have supported him throughout his football career - his own family, and the Liverpool fans who carried the team through to a famous victory over Manchester United on Sunday.

Reds fans - join in our live webchat and put your questions to Liverpool FC reporter Dominic King

LIVERPOOL'S stunning win over Manchester United has breathed new life into the Reds' season - LFC reporter Dominic King will be taking part in a live webchat here from 12noon on Tuesday - log in and put your questions to him

kuytmanutdhoct09.jpg

I'VE seen headlines all about Fernando Torres. I've read headlines praising Yossi Benayoun. And I saw plenty more extolling Jamie Carragher's 'return to form' (not that he ever lost that much in my opinion).

But the player for me who deserved just as much credit as anyone for Sunday's superb result was Dirk Kuyt.

He was the man who set the tempo for the rest of the team to follow.

utdbeatenoct09450.jpg

IN the cold light of day, it's time to assess where Liverpool go from here - because there's no point beating Manchester United if you don't build on it.

It is, admittedly, a decent platform to start from. It's relieved the external pressure on the side, not that there was any pressure internally after Christian Purlsow and Kenny Dalglish gave Rafael Benitez their full support.

But the fact that the Anfield press box was suddenly populated by journalists from London for a north west derby shows just how much the circling cultures were sharpening their talons.

insuangogreina460.jpg

LIVERPOOL'S stunning win over Manchester United has breathed new life into the Reds' season - LFC reporter Dominic King will be taking part in a live webchat here from 12noon on Tuesday - log in below and put your questions to him

Previous 2 3 ... 20 Next