57% vote to end the 'Rafalution'

By Barry Ringstead on May 17, 10 06:28 AM in Fans

benitezdec09450.jpg

On May 10th I set up a simple poll which asked if Rafa was still the man to lead Liverpool. Of the 206 votes cast 57% (117) said 'No' and felt it was time to end the 'Rafalution' and find a new manager, with 43% (89) feeling Benitez should still be the man in charge. In comparison, when I asked the same question back in December only 29% felt it was time for a managerial change.

We all know the challenges Rafa has had to deal with as a result of the appalling American ownership and the lack of funds available to him to buy top-class players, however, we also know how Rafa's team selections, overly cautious tactics, strange substitutions and faith in 'less-than-worthy' players can also frustrate.

Rafa, so the papers say, wants to stay at Anfield and if he does it's going to be very interesting to see just how well he can keep Liverpool supporters convinced he is still the man for the job.

In Rafa do you trust?