Latest LFC news from the Liverpool ECHO

By Administrator on Jun 29, 10 08:29 AM in Journalists

anfield.jpg

Liverpool FC's famous five set to miss start of Europa League adventure

LIVERPOOL are facing up to the prospect of kicking off their Europa League campaign without a handful of star names.

Spain forward David Villa launches staunch defence of Liverpool FC's Fernando Torres

SPAIN forward David Villa has launched a staunch defence of Fernando Torres and insists he is "totally convinced" his strike partner will regain his scoring touch.

'I am deeply, deeply sorry' - blundering Sports Secretary writes an open letter to the Liverpool ECHO

IN AN OPEN letter to the Liverpool ECHO, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport Jeremy Hunt said: "I apologise unreservedly to the families of the 96 who lost their lives at the Hillsborough tragedy for the comments I made yesterday in an interview. It was a genuine mistake, and I deeply, deeply regret the offence that it has caused to the people of Liverpool. I know full well, as the Taylor Report found, that fan unrest played no part in the terrible events of April 1989.