Latest LFC news from the Liverpool ECHO - EXCLUSIVE: 'Fitter than ever' Steven Gerrard hungry to lead Reds trophy hunt - plus Tommy Smith column

By Administrator on Sep 3, 11 08:27 AM in Journalists

gerrardnapoli450.jpgRejuvenated skipper Steven Gerrard hungry to lead Liverpool FC trophy hunt after injury hell

STEVEN GERRARD is closing in on a comeback for Liverpool and insists: "I feel fitter, stronger and hungrier than ever."

Exclusive Steven Gerrard interview: I'm feeling better then ever, says Liverpool FC skipper

STEVEN GERRARD has heard the rumours doing the rounds. The surgery on his groin was a failure, Liverpool's skipper will never play 90 minutes again and his best days have been consigned to the history books.

Tommy Smith on Liverpool FC: A cull that had to happen at Anfield

Amid all the euphoria of our new signings this summer, I see reading the Echo this week that 18 players have actually left Liverpool too.

Blood Red: Liverpool FC meet challenge of revamping the squad with real intent

IT was the biggest challenge facing Kenny Dalglish and Damien Comolli this summer.As they looked to build a bright future for Liverpool FC, they found themselves also having to deal with the errors of the past.