Latest LFC news from the Liverpool ECHO - Downing: Carroll will build on derby heroics, James Pearce's verdict from Goodison Park

By Administrator on Oct 3, 11 08:15 AM in Journalists

Andy Carroll Luis Suarez 460.jpg

Liverpool FC striker Andy Carroll will build on Mersey derby heroics, says Stewart Downing

STEWART DOWNING believes derby hero Andy Carroll will go from strength to strength after scoring in Liverpool's 2-0 victory over Everton.

Everton FC 0 Liverpool FC 2: Reds banish memories of last season's Goodison derby woe

IT WAS a cherished victory to help the healing process on both sides of the Atlantic.

Dave Prentice's Mersey derby verdict: Sorry seems to be the hardest word for Premier League refs

AT a rough count, and if the sub-editors have been kind, there will be 800 words of copy below, attempting analysis of a football match which effectively ended as a contest after 23 minutes.

Liverpool FC's Andy Carroll dedicates Merseyside derby goal to 'all those who have stuck by me'

ANDY CARROLL reflected on his crucial strike in the 216th Merseyside derby and said: "That's for everyone who has stood by me."