Latest Liverpool FC news from the Liverpool ECHO - Dalglish: LFC fans can raise the roof, Smithy: No fear for Reds

By Administrator on Nov 26, 11 08:07 AM in Journalists

dalglish220111_450.jpg

KENNY DALGLISH believes the backing of a vociferous Anfield crowd can inspire Liverpool FC to victory over Premier League leaders Manchester City tomorrow.

WHEN the great Bill Shankly had it installed in the players' tunnel he announced: "It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

RESPECTING your opponent is one thing. Worrying about them is quite another. Manchester City arrive tomorrow as table-toppers who, with ourselves, have the league's meanest defence - but who have also scored more goals than anyone else. So we know they'll be tough to beat.

IT was the most expensive and talented bench in Liverpool FC's history. As the Reds tore into Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last Sunday, £71million worth of talent in Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing watched on.