Results tagged “Dirk Kuyt” from Liverpool FC News, Discussion & Debate | Liverpool Banter

Many Liverpool supporters will remember the shock when we learned back in 1977 that Kevin Keegan had decided Hamburg would be a better team to play for (rumour has it Tommy Smith gave him a black eye for that decision). The question was how could he be replaced? It was going to be impossible. Then a terrific bit of genius by Bob Paisley brought Kenny Dalglish to Anfield and the rest, as they say, is history.

It's ironic a similar situation occurred this January with the shock decision by Torres to leave Liverpool.

Enhanced by Zemanta

It's hard to believe but the January transfer window is almost upon us and much of the talk will be centred on who Liverpool will bring in to strengthen the squad so we can make a push for that all important 4th spot (ever the optimist).

Just as important, however, will be who Liverpool should let go. So for the sake of creating a heated debated here are my picks of who should be thanked for their services and then politely shown the door.

A frustrating loss. Liverpool should have been 2 or 3-0 up but poor finishing and hesitation cost us dearly as Spurs scored the winner in extra time. Sickening.

Ngog continues to look out of his depth up front (it was a penalty al la Fabregas) which once more highlights the fact Liverpool have only one experienced striker in the squad, not that that's news to anyone. Let's hope Damien Comolli is trying to sort this one out.

I feel for Roy on this defeat, I don't think he can be blamed. The consolation from this one is Liverpool looked controlled and impressive at times which makes this loss even harder to take. We played well, especially in the first half, and created those scoring opportunities. At 1-1 I still felt we had a chance to grab the winner. And once again Carragher showed what a class player he is and Kuyt showed what a frustrating player he can be.

Let's hope Liverpool can take the positives from this defeat and put in a winning display against Aston Villa on December 6th when we welcome Gerard Houllier back to Anfield.

kuytblackpoolh-450.jpg

Liverpool FC's Dirk Kuyt says players are ready for the next big challenge

DIRK KUYT today insisted Liverpool's players are in no mood to kick the winning habit as he quickly set his sights on the next big challenge.

Fernando Torres vows to keep firing Liverpool FC up the table

FERNANDO TORRES has vowed to keep fighting to get back to his brilliant best after scoring the goals that gave Liverpool their best day of the season to date.

Liverpool FC show appetite for destruction in win over Chelsea

THE difference a good meal, good company and a good talk makes; a swashbuckling victory over Chelsea might suggest a corner has been turned but Liverpool's revival can be traced back to a plush city centre restaurant.

David Prentice: Fernando Torres shows new Liverpool FC owner you get what you pay for

IN his short spell as Liverpool co-owner JW Henry has preached the principles of value for money; he has extolled the virtues of enthusiastic youth over expensive veterans; like all American businessmen, he wants more bang for his buck.

Daniel Agger faces a lengthy spell on Liverpool FC's sidelines

LIVERPOOL manager Roy Hodgson is resigned to being without centre-back Daniel Agger for the "long-term" after the defender was ordered to rest a problematic calf injury.

Now watch Torres go, says manager

Manager Roy Hodgson believes striker is ready to fire.

Gerrard to return against Blackpool, says Hodgson

Skipper rested for Europa League game.