Results tagged “Ian Rush” from Liverpool FC News, Discussion & Debate | Liverpool Banter

YOU have to give credit to Carlo Ancelotti for getting his tactics right at Anfield.

Initially, it looked as though Chelsea didn't want to take the game to Liverpool. They were quite happy where they were. Chelsea were set up to prevent us moving the ball forward.

By closing Liverpool down and not allowing us time on the ball, Chelsea forced the mistake for the first goal.

kopviewchelsea07450.jpg

IT'S by now a very familiar battlecry. But once again it's time to issue it.

'Will all Kopites please report for duty at Anfield tomorrow night and scare the hell out of Atletico Madrid'!

Of course, Liverpool fans don't really need asking when it comes to big European nights when the stakes are high. They'll be out there in full voice to make sure the Spaniards know they'll be facing 12 men - not 11 - as they try and defend a 1-0 lead in the Europa League semi final.

gerrardburnley450.jpg

IT WAS great to see Steven Gerrard back on the scoresheet and with a smile on his face in Liverpool's emphatic victory at Burnley.

The skipper's second goal was a bit special and he looked like the player we all know.

If Liverpool are going to end a difficult season on a high then we need Gerrard in that kind of form.

torresinjury450.jpg

I WASN'T really surprised to hear Fernando Torres is out for the rest of the season.

Disappointed, yes. Surprised, no.

Bearing in mind the last few seasons he's had, playing through gruelling Premier League and Champions League campaigns straight into the European Championships and Confederation Cup, he's hardly had a rest.

AS I write this column we're not yet sure about the extent of Fernando Torres' knee injury.

There must have been some temptation to play him against Fulham though.

It wasn't anything like his best game against Benfica last week but his two goals showed again just how dangerous he can be at any given time.