Results tagged “Rafa Benitez” from Liverpool FC News, Discussion & Debate | Liverpool Banter

I'm stating the obvious to say Suarez and Maxi were eye-catching at ths sharp end of things on Monday.

What's less apparent is that their fine work obscured the real star of the show: Lucas.

Look again at the tape, Reds fans - you owe watching that game again to yourself anyway, after suffering through half a season of Hodgson's Tripe (TM).

What you'll see on replay is FOUR - count 'em - defence splitters from our number 21.

This lad is really good!!

Click HERE to see the video

yossi benayoun.jpg

Yossi Benayoun has broken his silence and revealed the reason why he left Liverpool. Rafa Benitez.

Benayoun was probably one of Liverpool's most versatile, hard working, utility players over the last few seasons and to hear that Benitez did nothing but undermine his confidence is unforgivable.

"If I played well, I never felt he gave me credit," Benayoun told the News of the World. "When I scored, I still expected to be out of the team the next game. On two occasions early last season, against Fulham and Lyon, the fans booed when I was subbed. They thought I was playing well but Benítez told me he was surprised the fans booed because I was not good enough.

"He tried to destroy my confidence. You can't treat a player like this and expect him to be happy."

benitezjune2010.jpg

Rafa ponders Mascherano swoop

Inter Milan manager may move for Argentinian midfield enforcer.

Liverpool FC fans letters

Rafa Benitez saddened by Liverpool FC exit

Italian move excites Rafa, but manager sorry to leave Merseyside.

benitezdec09450.jpg

On May 10th I set up a simple poll which asked if Rafa was still the man to lead Liverpool. Of the 206 votes cast 57% (117) said 'No' and felt it was time to end the 'Rafalution' and find a new manager, with 43% (89) feeling Benitez should still be the man in charge. In comparison, when I asked the same question back in December only 29% felt it was time for a managerial change.

We all know the challenges Rafa has had to deal with as a result of the appalling American ownership and the lack of funds available to him to buy top-class players, however, we also know how Rafa's team selections, overly cautious tactics, strange substitutions and faith in 'less-than-worthy' players can also frustrate.

Rafa, so the papers say, wants to stay at Anfield and if he does it's going to be very interesting to see just how well he can keep Liverpool supporters convinced he is still the man for the job.

In Rafa do you trust?