Superb Suarez makes Torres departure seem like a stroke of good luck

By Barry Ringstead on Mar 8, 11 07:22 AM in Fans

Many Liverpool supporters will remember the shock when we learned back in 1977 that Kevin Keegan had decided Hamburg would be a better team to play for (rumour has it Tommy Smith gave him a black eye for that decision). The question was how could he be replaced? It was going to be impossible. Then a terrific bit of genius by Bob Paisley brought Kenny Dalglish to Anfield and the rest, as they say, is history.

It's ironic a similar situation occurred this January with the shock decision by Torres to leave Liverpool.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Fortunately, this time around it was Dalglish who had already put the wheels in motion to sign Luis Suarez whose  superb displays, especially on Sunday, have made Torres's departure seem like a genuine piece of good luck that brought with it a boat load of money allowing Liverpool to buy Andy Carroll as well.

Suarez was superb against Man United, setting-up Dirk Kuyt's hat trick and injecting a confidence and belief throughout the team. Suarez is class, on and off the field (as we saw in his farewell visit to Ajax) and you can only believe his partnership with Carroll will really be something special, way beyond any strike force we have seen at Anfield for a long time.