March 2010 Archives

martinkelly450.jpg

Martin Kelly to miss Liverpool FC's run in after picking up knee injury

MARTIN KELLY has suffered another crushing disappointment after he picked up an injury which will end his season.

I'm getting back to my best, says Liverpool FC's Glen Johnson

LIVERPOOL defender Glen Johnson believes he is getting back to his best after his heroics in Sunday's 3-0 triumph over Sunderland.

Liverpool FC fan calls on government to investigate club

A LIVERPOOL FC supporter who brought about Tom Hicks' son's departure from Anfield today took on the club's owners again.

David Ngog on target as victory helps Liverpool FC Reserves close in on leaders Manchester United

LIVERPOOL Reserves moved to within three points of leaders Manchester United at the top of the Barclays Premier Reserve League North after a 2-1 victory over Bolton last night.

Sports physician Peter Brukner quits Australia to join Liverpool FC

LIVERPOOL have appointed leading Australian sports physician Peter Brukner as head of sports medicine and sports science.

sunderlandmarch2010450.jpg

IT was a fantastic to watch Liverpool make such light work of Sunderland. We did everything right from start to finish.

I was pleased to see us playing 20 yards further up the pitch.

It made a difference to the way we played, helping the players close the opposition down quicker and get the ball moving well.

torressunderlandh450.jpg

Fernando Torres wants 'perfect' season finale for Liverpool FC

FERNANDO TORRES today warned Liverpool's Champions League rivals he is fired up for the challenge of helping inspire a "perfect" end to the season.

DAVID RANDLES: Fernando Torres shows Liverpool FC fans a glimpse of what might have been

EVEN the Sunderland fans applauded when Fernando Torres was substituted. Perhaps it was with relief as much as respect.

Rafa Benitez praise for Liverpool FC ace Fernando Torres as he reaches 20 goals for season

RAFA BENITEZ hailed Fernando Torres after the striker's brace against Sunderland saw him reach 20 goals for the season.

johnsontorressuinderlandh-4.jpg

THE race that was supposed to be over seven days ago suddenly looks as if it is just beginning.

When Liverpool skulked out of Old Trafford last Sunday, deflated like a cheap beach ball, the manner in which they allowed Manchester United to breeze past them suggested mounting a push for Champions League qualification would be a bridge too far.

What a difference a week makes. Having received a fillip with a number of results going their way, the manner in which Liverpool dismantled Sunderland yesterday suggested Champions League qualification is back in their grasp.

torres2ndsunderlandh450.jpg

A SIMPLE beach ball has epitomised much of the misery for Liverpool's tortured support this season. Yesterday, however, it helped bring the smiles back on the faces of everyone at Anfield.

As they watched their team comprehensively dismantle Sunderland in thrilling fashion, the home fans momentarily turned their attentions to the visiting dugout and regular nemesis Steve Bruce.

"He's got a head like a beach ball" sang the Kop in unison, prompting an outbreak of laughter throughout the stadium that the Sunderland manager couldn't help but join.

1 2 ... 12 Next