February 2013 Archives

Liverpool proved today that if the conditions are right they can indeed beat a team above them in the Premier League.  That team today was Swansea, who with the Capital One Cup final in seven days' time sent an unfamiliar eleven out onto the pitch this afternoon.

Michael Laudrup has since the match finished come out and apologised for getting it wrong this afternoon and I really hope that the clubs supporters accept his honesty.  He is after all taking Swansea to Wembley to try and win their first trophy for many years.

His decision of course helped an inconsistent Liverpool to prove that yes, when they put their minds to it they can actually score goals and win games.  We were also able once again to call upon Daniel Sturridge, who had missed the tie in Zenit because of his ineligibility in the Europa League and young Phillipe Coutinho was given his first start for the club.  A start that would show us, he has the makings of a very good player.  A player, who like Luis can weave in and out of the opposition and score a wonderful goal.

Liverpool as we all know have, had a pretty torrid seven days. Seven days, which began when we lost to Oldham in the FA Cup. A defeat that if the truth be known would not had happened if Brendan had selected the right team for the game.  It did and it appeared that he had learnt his lesson on Wednesday when the team sent out to play Arsenal at the Emirates was made up baring one of senior players.

That team did what Liverpool tend to do having managed to ensure that we were two goals to the good they lost concentration and Arsenal recovered enough to score two goals of their own, thus ensuring that Liverpool lost two badly needed points.

The match today was against last year's Premiership champions; Manchester City who at the start of play had learnt that local rivals Manchester United were 10 points clear at the top of the league.  Now this should have been the spark that lit the fire, but what they had not reckoned on was the determination of Liverpool.

Latest Premier League video

Video

Recent Comments

November 2013