June 2010 Archives

Several weeks ago Rafa Benitez, the man, many supporters of the club saw as their messiah and savour left Liverpool Football Club. For five of the six years that he was at the club, success seemed to be high on the agenda and everything appeared to be going to plan. Last season though, perhaps through lack of money, bad buys, injuries and players who appeared to have lost any interest in playing for the club Rafa could only guide us into seventh place.

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for rafabenitez.jpg

After weeks of speculation about whether he would stay or whether he would go Rafa reached an agreement and he left the club. This signalled the start of what has become a month of rumours, a month of supporters hopes being pulled this way and that. Old rivalries have been opened up with some supporters openly voicing their opinions why a certain person should not be in the hot seat. Newspaper and internet forums have been filled with vitriol and hatred towards anyone whose name was not Rafa Benitez or Kenny Dalglish. Christian Purslow and Martin Broughton though have maintained a dignified silence through it all and after weeks of speculation, Roy Hodgson is the man now poised to take over the hot seat.

royhodgson2010.jpg

Roy Hodgson is the new Liverpool FC manager

ROY HODGSON will be officially named Liverpool FC's new manager today

Councillor Russell Hawker adamant Hillsborough was caused by 'pushing'

A POLITICIAN today continued to blame "pushing" and "boisterous Liverpool fans" for the Hillsborough tragedy.

Roy Hodgson given cautious welcome by Liverpool FC fan groups

LIVERPOOL FC fans groups today cautiously greeted the imminent appointment of Roy Hodgson as manager.

34 years experience and eight different countries - Roy Hodgson's managerial credentials

ROY HODGSON'S managerial career spans nearly 35 years and involves stints at no fewer than 12 top flight European clubs and three international jobs.

Have your say on the news that Roy Hodgson is set to become the new Liverpool FC manager

NEWS that Liverpool will today announce Roy Hodgson as their new manager, broken first by the Liverpool Echo, has provoked lots of debate on our website.

RAFA.jpg

There simply has never been a manager that has caused more debate than Rafael Benitez. Love him or hate him, there wasn't much middle ground for Liverpool's marmite manager and even though he has gone, the debate is unlikely to cease anytime soon.

There won't ever be an official end to this Anfield civil war, never will there be a point where everyone decides to see eye to eye on his reign. The verdict has been given but the jury will be discussing the case throughout these incredibly important years on the horizon.

anfield.jpg

Liverpool FC's famous five set to miss start of Europa League adventure

LIVERPOOL are facing up to the prospect of kicking off their Europa League campaign without a handful of star names.

Spain forward David Villa launches staunch defence of Liverpool FC's Fernando Torres

SPAIN forward David Villa has launched a staunch defence of Fernando Torres and insists he is "totally convinced" his strike partner will regain his scoring touch.

'I am deeply, deeply sorry' - blundering Sports Secretary writes an open letter to the Liverpool ECHO

IN AN OPEN letter to the Liverpool ECHO, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport Jeremy Hunt said: "I apologise unreservedly to the families of the 96 who lost their lives at the Hillsborough tragedy for the comments I made yesterday in an interview. It was a genuine mistake, and I deeply, deeply regret the offence that it has caused to the people of Liverpool. I know full well, as the Taylor Report found, that fan unrest played no part in the terrible events of April 1989.

I JUST saw this on You Tube - who knows where it has been hiding up until now - and had to share it.

Given all the negatives that have come about through Liverpool FC's association with America, I'm pleased to have finally found a positive thanks to some amazingly off-the-wall commentary.

Watch in disbelief as John Arne Riise rattles in a free-kick against Celtic - and that's not the unbelievable part of the clip!

1 2 ... 6 Next