May 2010 Archives

Martin Broughton, the Liverpool chairman, is reported to have said that it might be better for Fernando Torres to leave because it could take up to three years to sort the club out

Source: The Times

zzemp-2273699.jpg

Liverpool FC determined to fend off a fourth attempt by Jose Mourinho to sign skipper Steven Gerrard

LIVERPOOL are determined to fend off a fourth attempt by Jose Mourinho to sign skipper Steven Gerrard.

Liverpool FC has a universe of interested buyers, insists Tom Hicks

LIVERPOOL co-owner Tom Hicks insists there is a large number of "interested buyers" in the club - despite the sky-high asking price of £600million to £800million.

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish insists Reds will not go backwards

LIVERPOOL have started work on a major refurbishment of the Anfield executive boxes - but club officials insist they still remain firmly committed to moving to a new stadium in Stanley Park.

Liverpool FC's Alberto Aquilani wants to make amends at Anfield

MIDFIELDER Alberto Aquilani insists he wants to stay at Liverpool as he feels he owes them more after an injury-plagued first season.

David Prentice: Tom Hicks' stock is bankrupt amongst Liverpool fans

"TRUST me," said Tom this week, with all the sincerity of a used car salesman, before adding: "They should trust people's intent."

David Prentice: Liverpool FC's Rafa Benitez, a man who dances to his own beat

HE'S Mr Inscrutable. Anfield's own Alf Ramsey.

Liverpool FC Phil Neal: Heysel was the worst day of my life

IT is Phil Neal's wedding anniversary tomorrow.

reina450.jpg

Liverpool FC's Pepe Reina backs David Moores' plea for Americans to quit Anfield

LIVERPOOL goalkeeper Pepe Reina has welcomed David Moores' plea to co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to bring their disastrous Anfield tenure to a swift conclusion.

Tom Hicks claims Liverpool FC in better state now than David Moores' time

TOM HICKS has claimed Liverpool Football Club is in better shape than when he took over from David Moores.

John Aldridge says former Liverpool FC chairman David Moores will be 'heartbroken'

JOHN ALDRIDGE believes the demise of Liverpool Football Club will have left David Moores 'heartbroken'.

Ian Rush: I can understand Juventus fans still angry over Heysel

FORGIVE but never forget. Sometimes it's much easier said than done.

Plaque unveiled at home of Liverpool FC to mark 25th anniversary of Heysel disaster

A SPECIAL vow of friendship was extended from Liverpool FC to Juventus on the eve of the 25th anniversary of the Heysel disaster.

davidmoores450.jpg

A Heartfelt Letter from David Moores
Last night I received a message from a fellow Liverpool Supporter who asked me if anyone from Anfield had been in touch. After saying I heard not heard anything, he then said that Talksport had announced that they had an exclusive and it would be aired around 8.45 p.m.

As you can imagine, along with many supporters I am sure, my mind began to imagine a couple of things, had Martin Broughton found a buyer or had Rafa Benitez finally realised that his time at Anfield was up? As it turned out, it was neither of these but they were interviewing a journalist from The Times called Tony Evans who had in his possession a letter written by ex-Liverpool Chairman, David Moores. It was to be published in the full the following morning.

He gave a brief account of the letter and it certainly gave the impression that, here was a man who deeply regretted selling his beloved club to Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Fabio Aurelio leaves Liverpool FC

Rafa Benitez pays warm tribute to defender as contract expires.

Why May 25 is a special date for Liverpool FC

Two games - two European Cups!

1 2 ... 8 Next

Latest Premier League video

Video