April 2009 Archives

gerrardot.jpg

John Barnes: Liverpool's Steven Gerrard the real player of the year

STEVEN GERRARD is fit to return to Liverpool's starting line-up on Sunday - and reinforce Anfield legend John Barnes' claim that he was a more deserving Player of the Year than Ryan Giggs.

Families need the full truth about Hillsborough day of sorrow

HILLSBOROUGH families today spoke of their hope that they may finally find out the details of how their loved ones died.

Rafa Benitez backs 100 per cent trustworthy Liverpool FC star Dirk Kuyt

LIVERPOOL boss Rafael Benitez has paid tribute to Dutch star Dirk Kuyt, after the striker-turned-midfielder celebrated his 100th appearance for the Reds with a matchwinning brace at Hull.

* CHECK out the Echo's LFC section for the best Reds news, views and comment

garciajuventus.jpg

WHICH goal was Liverpool's greatest ever?

It is a question which inevitably produces endless debate thanks to the club's incredible history and now there is a new DVD celebrating some of the finest goals ever scored by Liverpool stars.

To coincide with the release of 'Liverpool Football Club's Greatest Ever Goals', the ECHO's Liverpool Reporter TONY BARRETT has come up with his own top 50.

View 50-41 here and 40 -31 here - click below for numbers 30-21

stevengerrard.jpg

Steven Gerrard to return for Newcastle showdown - Liverpool FC latest

STEVEN GERRARD is ready to bolster Liverpool's championship challenge by returning to action on Sunday.

Liverpool Reserves 5, Newcastle Reserves 1

LIVERPOOL Reserves will not finish bottom of the Barclays Premier Reserve League Northern Section after ending their season in fine style with an excellent 5-1 victory over Newcastle |United in Warrington last night.

Stephanie Power's new exhibition considered life as an LFC fan

STEPHANIE POWER is a fickle football fan. She supported Luton for 20 years, then "had a Tottenham phase" while living in London.

* CHECK out the Daily Post's LFC section for the best Reds news, views and comment

benayounarsenalequaliser450.jpg

AFTER the harum scarum of the last few weeks these few days seem a welcome respite from the mentally, and at times almost physically, draining business of following Liverpool FC.

Loads of goals at both ends, matches turning on their heads like a Bronx breakdancer, and the odd moment of light relief (thanks Fergie) have all combined to make the last two months one of the most eventful, if stressful, periods in our recent history.

As fragile at the back as we now seem so potent up front, it looks like we're going to be living on the edge right up to the last game or so.

hillsboroughkopflowers450.jpg

How South Yorkshire police added statements criticising Liverpool FC fans after Hillsborough

* HAVE your say in our Hillsborough survey here

TODAY, the Liverpool ECHO reveals how police statements were added to in the weeks after the Hillsborough tragedy.

Yesterday, we showed how large sections of officers' recollections were deleted by South Yorkshire Police.

Now, we can detail how accounts were expanded upon to include newly-introduced criticisms of Liverpool fans.

Steve McManaman: Liverpool are the best team around right now

GOAL hungry Liverpool are on course for their most prolific season since they were last crowned champions.

* CHECK out the Echo's LFC section for the best Reds news, views and comment

1 2 ... 40 Next