June 2009 Archives

torreschelsea09450.jpg

Fernando Torres: Liverpool FC can compete despite lack of spending power

LIVERPOOL striker Fernando Torres accepts the club's lack of financial muscle means they are unlikely to be able to compete for star signings - but he believes that will not affect their chances of winning trophies.

Liverpool FC midfielder Javier Mascherano remains Barcelona target

BARCELONA are refusing to admit defeat in their battle to sign Javier Mascherano.

Martin Skrtel backing Glen Johnson to be a success at Liverpool FC

Martin Skrtel has backed new signing Glen Johnson to succeed at Anfield.

Check out the Liverpool Daily Post's LFC section here for all the best LFC news and views

johnsongerro450.jpg

GIVEN how much I banged on about Liverpool lacking match-winners last season, I wouldn't have thought spending £17million on a right-back would have been the solution to their problems.

But when that right-back is Glen Johnson I happen to think it could be a very sound investment.

Because Johnson is a match-winner. The last time I saw him play was at the end of the campaign when England played Andorra and he set up four of the goals.

glenjohnsontorres450.jpg

Why Glen Johnson can pay Liverpool FC's transfer cash right back

LIVERPOOL legend Phil Neal believes Glen Johnson can bring the best out of Fernando Torres after the right-back sealed his record-breaking move to Anfield.

Andrea Dossena and Andriy Voronin want to stay at Liverpool FC

Rafa Benitez's summer transfer plans could be frustrated by players keen to kickstart their stalled Anfield careers.

Liverpool FC's Martin Skrtel gets back to work in the gym

MARTIN SKRTEL is seemingly raring to go and can't wait for the new Premier League campaign, according to his official website.

VIEW the story of the Reds 2008/09 season in pictures here

Check out the Liverpool ECHO's LFC section here for all the best LFC news and views

carragheristanbul.jpg

I MAY not remember many birthdays, anniversaries or even what I did last Thursday for that matter, but one date I will never forget is May 25.

Like most Reds that's hands down the best day of the year, the anniversary of the greatest day of my life.

For the past four years I've celebrated in the same fashion; half a dozen bottles of Efes beer and the DVD of our night in Istanbul.

voronin.jpg

Andriy Voronin's pledge to Liverpool FC fans

LIVERPOOL'S on-loan striker, Andriy Voronin, has vowed to come back to Anfield and "conquer" the Premier League next season.

The Ukrainian international enjoyed a brief impact at Liverpool after arriving on a free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen, but spent the whole of last season on-loan at Hertha Berlin.

After five goals in 19 Liverpool appearances, he struck 11 times in 20 appearances back in the Bundesliga and is determined to be a hit in England.

* For all the latest Liverpool Fc news, visit the Echo's special section

1 2 ... 11 Next