November 2010 Archives

A frustrating loss. Liverpool should have been 2 or 3-0 up but poor finishing and hesitation cost us dearly as Spurs scored the winner in extra time. Sickening.

Ngog continues to look out of his depth up front (it was a penalty al la Fabregas) which once more highlights the fact Liverpool have only one experienced striker in the squad, not that that's news to anyone. Let's hope Damien Comolli is trying to sort this one out.

I feel for Roy on this defeat, I don't think he can be blamed. The consolation from this one is Liverpool looked controlled and impressive at times which makes this loss even harder to take. We played well, especially in the first half, and created those scoring opportunities. At 1-1 I still felt we had a chance to grab the winner. And once again Carragher showed what a class player he is and Kuyt showed what a frustrating player he can be.

Let's hope Liverpool can take the positives from this defeat and put in a winning display against Aston Villa on December 6th when we welcome Gerard Houllier back to Anfield.

hodgsongerrard-450.jpg
Fourteen games into the season, and Roy Hodgson finds himself at a fork in the road, where each path could lead Liverpool to a very different outcome in May.
Of course, it has been said after almost every win this year that Liverpool will kickstart their season, and by contrast every loss has apparently indicated 'an end to Liverpools top four hopes'.
The key point here is that no one action or event will define Liverpool's season, but Roy Hodgson and the club's director find themselves needing to make a variety of crucial decisions which cumulatively may do just that. After a strange premier league period of wins followed by one point from two games and then a convincing home thumping, it is difficult to know if the club is on the right track or in need of a drastic rerouting.

royhodgsonjuly2010.jpg

Lille's Eden Hazard a possible January target for Liverpool FC (VIDEO)

LIVERPOOL boss Roy Hodgson watched Eden Hazard fire Lille to the top of the French League on Sunday night, just weeks after Kenny Dalglish checked out the same player.

Liverpool FC youngsters' debt to Roy Hodgson for giving them confidence

LIVERPOOL starlet Nathan Eccleston has spoken of the confidence he and his fellow youngsters have gained from their first-team opportunities under Roy Hodgson this season.

Victor Anichebe and Dani Pacheco on the mark as Everton Reserves and Liverpool Reserves draw

VICTOR ANICHEBE continued his comeback from injury with an equaliser as Everton Reserves shared the mini-derby spoils with Liverpool at the Stobart Stadium last night.

poulsen450.jpg

Liverpool FC's Christian Poulsen: We must improve our away form

CHRISTIAN POULSEN admits Liverpool must improve their away form if they are going to challenge for Champions League qualification this season starting at Tottenham on Sunday.

Joe Cole in contention for Liverpool FC return at Tottenham Hotspur FC

JOE COLE is set to make his Liverpool comeback in Sundays Premier League clash at Tottenham.

LFC Weekly November 23: Nathan Eccleston on Roy Hodgson's Faith in the Young Players

NATHAN Eccleston has spoken of the confidence he's gained from the faith manager Roy Hodgson has shown in him and the other younger players in the Reds' squad.

anfieldfromkemlyn.jpg

Liverpool FC midfielder Raul Meireles ready to up his game after settling into the Premier League

RAUL MEIRELES is ready to take his impressive form up another level as he insisted his harsh introduction in English football could not have been more beneficial.

Liverpool FC 3 West Ham 0: Dominic King sees good signs in LFC's win against West Ham

ASHES fever is set to grip the nation so, with the First Test in Brisbane almost here, it was perhaps to be expected the week would begin with a declaration.

Relieved Glen Johnson is happy with return to form and is hoping to help Liverpool push up the table

GLEN JOHNSON is ready to help Liverpool push for the top four again as he admitted his man of the match award had come as a huge relief.

We can manage without Stevie Gerrard says Liverpool FC boss Hodgson

GLEN JOHNSON is ready to help Liverpool push for the top four again as he admitted his man of the match award had come as a huge relief.

1 2 ... 6 Next

Latest Premier League video

Video

Recent Comments