May 2009 Archives

torresgerrard_460.jpg

HAD Liverpool picked up four more points at home during the 2008/09 season they would have been crowned Premier League champions for a record 19th time.

xabialonso.jpg

WHEN you look at what is needed at Anfield this summer in the transfer market then the emphasis must definitely be on quality rather than quantity.

mb250408Rafa-2.jpg

SUMMER wouldn't be summer if it wasn't described as the most important in Liverpool's recent history.

torresblackburn460.jpg

FERNANDO TORRES today revealed how the incredible bond he has with Liverpool was the key to him agreeing an improved new deal with the Anfield club.

The Spanish striker is set to put pen to paper on a new contract which will see his salary rise to around £100,000 a week - as Liverpool make good on a promise made when he first joined the club in 2007.

WHEN we won the Champions League in such remarkable circumstances in 2005, it is well known that Fergus the bogeyman wrote to Rafa to give him a tactical breakdown on the game, as well as offer congratulations.

benitezferguson.jpg

Judging by last night's game, it is the Scotsman who needs a lesson in tactics, having sent out a team so ill equipped for the job in hand that the result was almost a foregone conclusion.

But while I - like most Liverpool fans - enjoyed seeing United being made to look like a bunch of hapless amateurs, that particular treat comes with a price.

1 2 ... 19 Next