October 2009 Archives

Halloween Horror Show

By Faith Fulcher on Oct 31, 09 08:04 PM in Fans

benitezfulham450.jpg

Tonight is the night when the ghosts of the past are supposed to revisit the earth. Little did I know that this was going to happen to my beloved team this afternoon? I rose from my sick bed this morning knowing that I just had to make the effort - I was at Anfield last Sunday and had hoped that the team would carry the momentum over and prove to all the sceptics out there that yes Liverpool were on their way back. Ninety minutes later I am sitting here, beginning to type this and wondering why my computer screen is still standing. What I witnessed was something I never what to see again. I have mentioned it before, but I believe Houllier's last season is beginning to haunt us again.

My doubts, I believe set in whilst I was finishing my dinner. There is nothing like choking on your last mouthful when Citytalk announced the team for today. The announcer even double checked because he could not believe it. Curiosity quickly became panic as the name Voronin came up in the starting eleven. I screamed at the radio forgetting I had a mouthful, hence I nearly chocked. Looking at the clock I realised I did not have much time and began to clear up, finally sitting down at 14.55.

The team given out was Reina, Insua, Degen, Carragher, Kyriakos, Kuyt, Benayoun, Mascherano, Lucas,Voronin and Torres. Subs: Gulacsi, Babel, Spearing, Plessis, Dossena, Eccleston and Ayala. This was it appears the best we had available due to injuries and viruses. The referee for the afternoon was Lee Mason.

Steven-Gerrard-001.jpg

Steven Gerrard facing 'crucial' few days in Champions League fitness race - Liverpool FC latest

RAFA BENITEZ has admitted the next few days will be 'crucial' if Steven Gerrard is to avoid an operation to cure his troublesome groin problem.

Rafael Benitez exclusive: Why Pepe Reina is my Liverpool FC golden boy

RAFA BENITEZ does not hand out plaudits lightly. Always analysing, always searching for improvement, he is, without question, an exceptionally tough taskmaster.

Legendary Liverpool FC strike was a moment of Jan Molby magic

SO, then, was it as good as you thought it was made out to be?

DOMINIC KING: Dreamers who live in a world of their own

IT is often said the fun has gone out of football so thank heavens for two 'colourful' characters giving Liverpudlians something to smile about this week.

utdbeatenoct09450.jpg

SOMETIMES there comes a point when a team has to win a game to make a statement and Liverpool did that emphatically last week.

There is no better feeling than flattening Manchester United and despite Alex Ferguson's attempts to pin the blame on the referee once again, nothing could detract from the quality of the Reds' performance.

Suddenly the mood has lifted thanks to those three, precious points and the doom and gloom that was hovering beforehand has been dispersed.

gerrardstoke450.jpg

Liverpool FC agonise over Steven Gerrard operation ahead of make-or-break week

RAFAEL BENITEZ faces a major decision over the fitness of Steven Gerrard ahead of another make-or-break week for Liverpool.

Fulham v Liverpool FC: Rafael Benitez calls for Cottage industry to keep momentum building

THE coughs and sniffles that have sounded around Melwood during the past few days might suggest there are many under the weather at Liverpool.

aquilaniarsenala450.jpg

Dirk Kuyt hails Liverpool FC new boy Alberto Aquilani

DIRK KUYT today reflected on a bittersweet first experience as Liverpool captain - as he hailed the launch of Alberto Aquilani's English career.

Alberto Aquilani will be important for Liverpool FC, says Rafa Benitez

LIVERPOOL manager Rafael Benitez felt his team could take many positives from their performance at The Emirates.

The Jury: Liverpool FC fans reflect on the win over Man Utd

THE match against United encapsulated the best of being a Liverpool fan.

1 2 ... 20 Next