March 2012 Archives

Is a question that I would ask each and every one of the players that took part in today's game, because we witnessed yet another horror story?

Something is very wrong within the team set up or indeed the training set up because their attitude and their work rate is totally wrong. These men are supposed to be athletes and should know what is expected of them but from what I have witnessed lately clearly they do not.

Now normally I would single out which of the players was intent on wasting the ninety minutes but today I will simply ask why Stevie was the only player who appeared to know that a game was taking place. A game which was taking place on the hallowed turf of Anfield and should have been one that Liverpool won with ease.

Last night we witnessed what I can only describe as a horror story.  A story that needs pulling apart until everything has been gone over with an extremely fine toothcomb.

Why?

Because last night Liverpool were playing Queens Park Rangers in the Premier League and sensationally let the game slip from their grasp in the last 10 minutes.

Last night was one of those nights that will forever remain in the memory of Liverpool Supporters.  It was of course the 99th Merseyside Derby and it was the turn of Anfield to be the hosts, but would Liverpool find the form that had been missing since the Carling Cup Final.

It was also the evening before the 10th anniversary of David Moyes arrival into the Everton hot seat. A hot seat that has seen him work miracles with very little money made available for players.  Now up until last night David, had never won a Derby game at Anfield and winning the 99th would have been the icing on the cake, not only for his reign but it would also prove to the premiership, that when the going gets tough even without the funds needed you can actually get where you want to.

Question marks of course were hanging over the heads of the Liverpool team, who appear to have either let the Carling Cup go to their heads or quite simply had suffered a massive loss of confidence, because since that remarkable day three weeks ago, their performances have not been as good as they should have been.  Now I know a lot of people and I am including Kenny, stated that they played well during the Arsenal game, the end product was missing.  If you don't score then it cancels out the whole game.

Having just watched the Sunderland versus Liverpool game, I think I can speak for everyone when I say that what we all witnessed was a horror story.  The players performances today were diabolical and it about time someone starting asking some very serious questions.  Those questions must also be directed at the Director of Football as well as the Manager and his coaching staff.

I have to admit that I was worried about the result; the moment that the team was announced and it lead me to wonder, just as I did last week if Kenny has any input in the team selection.  There appear to me, to be too many hap hazard changes each week for them to be down to Kenny.  His knowledge of the game should guarantee that the right players are chosen each week. But within minutes of them being on the pitch, my fears were well-found because it became clear that the wrong eleven were on the pitch. I also do not agree with the captain being the goalkeeper, because it means that there is no leadership in the middle of field and that is the place where it should always be.

The game of course was always going to be a difficult one as Sunderland have improved since Martin O'Neill took over as manager, but I suspect even they did not know, they were going to face eleven men who simply gave the impression that today's game was just something that had popped up in their diary and they needed to get it out of the way.  It was as though the clock had been turned back to last year during Roy Hodgson's reign because the standard of football was diabolical.  I don't think I saw one complete pass the whole of the first half and I think in the second half they only happened once Stevie had come onto the pitch, if then.  I have to admit I started to concentrate on my knitting rather than watch the game to ensure I calmed down.

[...]

Latest Premier League video

Video

Recent Comments

November 2013