August 2011 Archives

SebastianCoates

Martin Skrtel welcomes fellow centre-back Sebastian Coates to Liverpool FC

MARTIN SKRTEL has welcomed Liverpool's swoop for Sebastian Coates and is ready to fight to secure a regular place in Kenny Dalglish's side.

Liverpool FC agree deal to sell Christian Poulsen with others set to follow him out of Anfield

LIVERPOOL have agreed a deal to sell Christian Poulsen to French club Evian TG with Joe Cole and David Ngog set to follow him out of Anfield on transfer deadline day.

Sebastian Coates is the complete package says Liverpool FC's Damian Comolli

DanielAgger.jpg

Daniel Agger delighted by LFC strong start to season

DANIEL AGGER admits he's relishing playing his part in Liverpool FC 's exciting revival under Kenny Dalglish.

Liverpool FC 3 Bolton Wanderers 1: LFC back on their perch for 24 hours

SAME opponents, similar result, very different Liverpool FC.

Liverpool FC owner John Henry rules out LFC Premier League title bid . . . for now

JOHN HENRY insists winning the Premier League title is unrealistic this season as Liverpool FC are "years behind" their rivals.

Liverpool FC analysis: Kenny Dalglish is building a midfield of dreams again

THERE used to be a chant at Anfield which announced that Liverpool were the proud possessors of "the best midfield in the world!" Back then, it didn't seem such a fanciful claim.

Yesterday we witnessed the type of football that has been missing from Anfield for several years.  There had of course been indications that it had been on its way during a couple of matches played towards the end of last season.  These were the matches against Manchester United and Fulham where we witnessed at first hand the type of team and football that Kenny had in mind.

Since that day of course Kenny has been very active in the transfer market and has brought in Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam, Jose Enrique and Jordan Henderson.  It also looks as though Sebastian Coates will join the team as soon as his work permit has been approved.  Craig Bellamy in my mind is still classed as a major rumour as all the indications this morning are that he will join Tottenham.  We must also not forget Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll who joined the squad in January who had to play alongside a lot of the dead wood that thankfully have either been moved on or demoted to the reserves.  So we now had two teams in fact - one that consisted of old players and one that consisted of the new recruits.

To get them to knit together and try out different styles of play, the club used the pre -season and although there were doubts that they had really had enough playing time together, yesterday put a lot of people's fears to bed, but also opened up a new field of debate - DO WE REALLY NEED ANDY CARROLL.

When Liverpool made the quick decision to invest the majority of the proceeds from the sale of Fernando Torres on Andy Carroll I think most of us were delighted that such a powerful centre forward had been acquired. It spoke clearly of Liverpool's intention to invest in the best (dare I say British) young talent even though they weren't fully proven.

Injury kept Carroll on the sidelines for the first few months and when he did play he wasn't at his best. Dalglish admitted it was probably unfair to play him as they did before he had fully recovered from injury.

coates250.jpg

Uruguay defender Sebastian Coates set to tie up £7m move to Liverpool FC

URUGUAY defender Sebastian Coates will arrive in Liverpool today to complete his £7million switch from Nacional.

Liverpool FC manager Kenny Dalglish will not stand in Joe Cole's way if he wishes to leave

KENNY DALGLISH insists he would not stand in the way of Joe Cole moving away from Liverpool FC to help give his career a shot in the arm.

Jan Molby: Liverpool FC newboys will need time to settle but early signs are good

All four of the Liverpool FC's major summer signings have features prominently so far this season.

Liverpool FC jury: Reds fans on the away wins at Arsenal and Exeter

THE win against a spirited Exeter was down to a thoroughly professional performance from the Reds and illustrated two key points.

* LOG ON to the Liverpool ECHO website at 1pm today for a live web chat on the possible return of Craig Bellamy to Anfield
1 2 ... 5 Next

Latest Premier League video

Video

Recent Comments