Missed chances cost Liverpool the points

By Barry Ringstead on Nov 28, 10 06:46 PM in Fans

A frustrating loss. Liverpool should have been 2 or 3-0 up but poor finishing and hesitation cost us dearly as Spurs scored the winner in extra time. Sickening.

Ngog continues to look out of his depth up front (it was a penalty al la Fabregas) which once more highlights the fact Liverpool have only one experienced striker in the squad, not that that's news to anyone. Let's hope Damien Comolli is trying to sort this one out.

I feel for Roy on this defeat, I don't think he can be blamed. The consolation from this one is Liverpool looked controlled and impressive at times which makes this loss even harder to take. We played well, especially in the first half, and created those scoring opportunities. At 1-1 I still felt we had a chance to grab the winner. And once again Carragher showed what a class player he is and Kuyt showed what a frustrating player he can be.

Let's hope Liverpool can take the positives from this defeat and put in a winning display against Aston Villa on December 6th when we welcome Gerard Houllier back to Anfield.