Will this be Rafa's last season at Anfield? If Liverpool don't win the Premiership title it probably will be

By Barry Ringstead on Aug 30, 09 05:05 AM in Fans

There's only one piece of silverware Liverpool fans want to see paraded around Anfield next May and that, as we all know, is the Premiership trophy. Winning the Champions League for a 6th time would be a fantastic acheivment but even that would, in the eyes of most supporters, be deemed a disappointing season, even more so if Man Utd. win the title for a record 19th time. That scenario doesn't bare thinking about.
Not winning the Premiership title will likely mean the end of the road for Rafa as six years of failed Premiership title attempts would raise questions about his ability to translate his obvious talents into bringing home the most coveted prize. I could go on about failed rotation systems, faith in players that just aren't good enough and of course the most likely cause for failure, the two dreadful American owners who have promised so much and have delivered so little.
However, let us hope that this season, even after an uncertain start, brings to an end the 20 year wait and that Rafa shows us all that he has what it takes to win the Premiership title again and again.